What is AI?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. The term AI is often used as an umbrella term for machines that are capable of perception, logic, reasoning, and learning.
Another useful way to think about AI is in terms of a spectrum from automation (rules-based) to intelligence (learning systems) applied to various problems or use cases.
Machines are good at repeating processes producing predictable outcomes. What machine learning provides is identifying patterns and anomalies; and then scale, repeat and produce consistent results. AI enables optimisation, intelligent automation, and augmenting human ability, or build systems that perform functions beyond the limits of human ability.
Mainstreaming AI: Translating AI into practice for companies.
- Deriving more value from your data
- Better business decisions
- Enabling new business models, products and services
- Reduction in risk and cost
- Increase in sales
- Discovering insights (“To make the unknown known”)
- Improvement of customer and employee experience
We have a strong capability in AI and apply these capabilities to mainstreaming AI, strategy and solution development and integration. Our capabilities include:
- AI, Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Automation Robotics
- Pattern recognition, anomaly detection, predictive analytics, object classification
- Machine learning, deep learning, neural networks
- Broad & deep understanding of techniques and systems in the AI & AA space
- Data architectures, data management, data engineering, visualisation
- Systems architectures
- Road-mapping and strategy development
- Following an agile approach and use appropriate methodologies such as Design Thinking
- AI Readiness Assessment, AI and Data strategy
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Knowledge Base for workforce automation and front-office process compliance
- Text-to-Speech in South African Languages
- Chatbots and Virtual Assistants
- Customer Specific AI and Advanced Analytics Solution Development.
Examples of AI solutions that can be implemented include:
- Customer targeting (Behaviour, risk profile, etc.)
- Process optimization (productivity, accuracy, speed)
- Trends, predictions and recommendations (churn, fraud)
- Intelligent Product Quality Assessment